FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY EPISODES FROM FINDING FINISH LINES ARE A QUICK BOOST TO TAKE YOU INTO THE WEEKEND. THANKS FOR LISTENING!
We don’t have to be an expert to begin. All we really need to do is start somewhere.
Inspiration from gary Vee
I was listening to Gary Vaynerchuk, the billionaire media mogul and founder of Vayner X. He shared a clip from his earliest media venture, sharing poorly lit wine videos on youtube. They were good enough to exist, but certainly not great.
How did he get from there to a dominant figure in the world of online marketing?
He dared to start.
So as I was listening, he said something that struck me. He said:
You can build a billion dollar empire on good.Gary Vaynerchuk
what is your billion dollar empire?
It had me thinking: What is your billion dollar empire?
As so many of us are at home in this Spring of 2020 season, we are finding our minds to be fertile soil. Seeds of dreams are being planted and we just have to nurture them.
I have been so lucky that friends have trusted me as a sounding board for all kinds of bold action lately.
Women are speaking out against injustice for the first time.
Women want to start a podcast.
Women who want to run a marathon.
What do you want to do? How will you start?
Who can you bring along when you start somewhere?
The most exciting part (for me) to starting anything new is that I can influence people that I care about with the next step.
If you start eating better? Those around you might pick up on your new habit. Starting to exercise? Maybe you can
drag encourage your friends to join you at a 5k.
There is such a ripple effect that starts when you start.
Check out: Five Advantages of Endurance Athletes
What if it’s bad/i’m not ready/I just can’t start somewhere
The day that I decided to run my first marathon, I smashed the register button, plunked down the entry fee, and went for a run…and promptly discovered that I couldn’t run three miles. I had major second guessing!
Nine months later, I crossed that finish line with my family all around me. Not only that, but both of my daughters participated in the kids’ races, both of my sisters ran the 5k with me that weekend and one ran the half-marathon the day before! Racing had not been on anyone’s radar! This was all because I decided to try long before I was anywhere near proving that I could.
Now? I have the honor of talking to women about running all the time! Who could have possibly guessed?
It’s likely to be shaky
The road might be rough. Nobody can guarantee you a straight, wide, flat path to your dreams.
Do it anyway!
What is your billion dollar empire? What do you want to build and who will you influence just by having the courage to start somewhere? Let me know in the comments below!
IF YOU LIKE THIS, YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE:
- YOU NEED TO KNOW: WHOLE IS BETTER THAN PERFECTIf perfection is a moving target, I say we try for wholeness instead. Whole is better than perfect anyway.
- WILL YOU BE A YES TO RACING WHEN THE TIME COMES?When racing comes back, will you ready to be a yes? Take these few simple but meaningful daily actions to stay ready to scale up & race when it’s safe!
- LIFE IN 2020 IS RUNNING IN THE HEATAdjusting to running in the heat is tough each summer. Still, whenever the mercury rises, you find us out there. Life in 2020 feels like that!
- FIVE MINUTE FRIDAY: LOVE IS NOT CANCELLEDWhen it feels like everything has been put on hold or cancelled, we don’t have to worry. Remember: love is not cancelled.
- BREAK THE CHAINS: THE SECRET RUNNERS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT MOTIVATIONEven if we don’t realize it, there is a powerful draw to this raw and real sport of ours: the opportunity to break the chains.